Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Body's Revenge

Ok, so I did yard work yesterday. Not too bad...but the whole day yesterday was kinda crappy. It all began when I woke up.

So I woke up with this horrid feeling in my nasal cavity, like I had a small watermelon stuck in there. So, like a normal person, I went to blow my nose. Good idea, right? NO. Instead of the normal things that come out of one's nose, I got a kleenex full of blood. Wonderful. Just what I wanted. So after about 5 minutes of trying to get the beeding controlled, I'm able to go about normaler things in my life.

So I took a shower, and then Dad decided it was yard work time. I figured it couldn't be too bad...despite the fact that I had already sneezed somewhere into the double digits by then. (note: mowing while your sinuses already hate you...NOT a smart idea.)

It was cold outside, which I was partially thankful for, so I was wearing longsleeves while I mowed, however i still got grass all over me. Hello shower #2 of the day.

Then we had to go to church. No big. It's cool and totally normal for a Wednesday night. So I get to church, and we are getting ready to eat, and some of the ladies were talking about how they, or others they knew have had this apparent stomach bug that is going around. Now for normal people, that information wouldn't freak anyone out, but for little Miss OCD me, it scared the living daylights outta me (Sad, I know, but my biggest fear is throwing up, and my kryptonite is an unhappy stomach, not to mention my OCD is germ induced).

Well, the rest of church went well, despite all the sneezing that continued. I finally get home, get to bed, and then we come to this morning.

Gee, this morning, that nasal cavity watermelon feeling was back...and so was the blood. Lovely...just beautiful. So today i feel about 3 times worse than yesterday, my nose is runny AND stuffy, and my head feels like I've got an angry rock band in it. I'm ready to feel better.

I don't enjoy being sick, but I'll get over it. I have a tendency to get whiney when I'm sick, if you haven't noticed. Blah.

If anything else interesting happens, I'll let you know.

By the way, sitill haven't heard from the animal shelter :(

No comments: