Saturday, June 09, 2007

I'm ENGAGED!

Michael and I are officially engaged! Here's the story:

Michael and I went to Olive Garden to meet with my parents so he could ask my dad permission to marry me. There was already a wedding rehearsal dinner going on, and it made all of our food late, and because of this, our meals were free! Michael then asked my dad at the end of the meal if it would be ok if he married me. In return, my dad asked Michael what I thought of that. Michael said he wasn't really sure. Dad then asked Michael "Well, don't you think you ought to ask her?" And then he pointed to the floor. Michael, after a few long seconds of freezing, got down on one knee and proposed to me. The people of the wedding party noticed what was happening, and gathered around and clapped. They also gave us free cake! Since this was totally unexpected, Michael hadn't come with my ring (plus since it's being especially made for me, we don't have it yet), so I'm wearing my mom's ring until I get mine!

There ya go! We don't have a date set yet, but we will soon!!! I'm SO excited!

1 comment:

Buffina said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)